No.  However, if your circumstances change and you no longer qualify for the homestead exemption, you must notify the county auditor by the first Monday in June.

Every January the county auditor will mail you a copy of the continuing application form (DTE 105B, Continuing Homestead Exemption Application Form for Senior Citizens, Disabled Persons, and Surviving Spouses). Please return this form to the auditor only if you no longer own the home, no longer occupy it as your primary place of residence or if your disability status has changed.

Important Dates

January 1st through December 31st - Applications can be filed